I am a lover of all flowers and all colors. So when it came time to make the decision on my bridal party flowers, I was stuck. I have been a florist for so long that I had fallen in love with hundreds of bouquets and color combinations. My favorite color changes each day, and my favorite flower depends on the season and my present mood. I did what most people never think of, I handed the reins over to one of my best friends and fellow floral designers, KC the #floralninjafairy. I showed her my dress and said “You know me, you know what to do!” Now, most would stress and think that’s crazy, but it was the best decision for me. I woke up on my wedding day excited to see what she had designed and I was beyond happy when I held my bouquet for the first time. It was like Christmas morning.
I have a few simple suggestions for any bride based on years of being a wedding florist and an indecisive bride myself.
- Find a florist that you trust. It helps to become their best friend, but if you can’t do that, at the very least make sure they get you and what you like.
- When you look through magazines or surf the net for ideas and inspiration have a clear head and relax. This is supposed to be fun!
- Listen to your gut, see what color palette makes you feel good when you look at it. Chances are that it will always have that effect on you, which is something you want on your big day.
- What arrangements or designs make you catch your breath? Or make your heart skip a beat?
- Don’t get stuck on a specific flower, focus on the feeling of the overall look of the design.
- Trends come and go every season of every year. Don’t let them overwhelm you.
I promise you that if you trust your florist, and use your instincts in making your floral decisions you will be thrilled with the outcome on your wedding day…just like me.